El Casón was built between 1862 and 1863. In the intervening century and a half this building has been put to many uses. One of the earliest was that of a storehouse for grain, later it was used as a guard post in the Civil War. After it had been burnt and badly damaged it was prepared for occupation by the workers hired during the construction of the Cedillo dam.
In the 1980s it was transferred to the Town Council, which renovated it again. It now houses the public library, the various associations of the village, and most interestingly a permanent ethnographical exhibition which has been created with the collaboration and participation of its inhabitants.
On its 2nd floor we can find the Tajo Internacional Information Centre.